Sunday, September 10, 2006

Chipper

Keltie has told me that I must not give in to my procrastinatious* tendencies and that, instead, I must write SOMETHING tonight in this FOWLO** and therefore I shall.

Have you ever noticed that children can get away with a much wider range of locomotor styles than adults? Think about it.

Ever notice that some kids skip here and there? I know one girl, in particular, who skips most of the time she's outside and going further than a few feet. It's really quite fun and enjoyable to watch. "I'm outside! Weeee!"

Now imagine it with an adult. Pick someone. Anyone. Maybe someone you work with. Maybe a family member. Maybe that mall cop that saunters around without really making eye contact with anyone who isn't also in a uniform.

Picture that person skipping down the street, across the parking lot, or as they step off the bus. I'm not talking about your colleague/loved one/mall cop goofing off for a lark (or any other songbird), but just doing it in the course of his or her day, not even caring if anyone's watching. Heehee!

Or what about those kids who run with absolute abandon, arms and legs flailing madly all about every which way. I think the world would likely be a less stressful place if we just ran like that everywhere we went. Okay, some people would get eyes poked out, and others would be hit frequently by moving vehicles, but at least we'd all be having fun.

Aaaah. Fun.


-----------------------
* I hope you've all started working "procrastinatious" into your regular vocabulary. I want to see this sucker in the dictionary by New Year's Eve, 2010!

** Fount of Wisdom Located Online

No comments: