Sunday, November 05, 2006

Getting With the Program

With deadlines looming, I spent ... well ... pretty much all day working on the program for Chicago. I managed to wade through the most time-consuming part: finalizing the layout and editing the bios for cast, director, and the like. Yeesh. There's still a fair amount to do, of course, but the most demanding parts are behind me. Now it's just nit-picky formatting of a few other things. It's all due the middle of the week, so it will get done. It must get done.

In much more exciting news, I took a break from the aforementioned work to meet up with my friend, Stacey, whom I haven't seen since we took a course together two summers ago. We met at the Sahla Thai restaurant downtown and had a smashingly good meal (I enjoyed Soup #2, whose real name I cannot remember, and the amazing Paradise Beef) and a wonderfully enjoyable catch-up chat. We apparently lingered a bit too long, though, because the waitress eventually came up and said, "I'm really sorry to rush you, but we have reservations..." Still, a good time was had by all.

No comments: