Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Creature of the Night

So, now that it's 1:30 in the morning, I'm raring to go. This is what happens whenever I'm unconstrained by the realities of a job that gets me up early in the morning.

I just finished reading for a spell (from the previously referenced Something Rotten, by Jasper Fforde, which I'd misplaced for a while and have now resumed reading) but of course I'm ridiculously awake, so I reckon I'll read a bit more before packing it in for the night. I'll also put away some laundry.

I've realized something lacking about my house, however, which will have to be remedied sometime soon. I don't really have any truly comfortable reading spots. Wait, that's not one hundred percent true. I think that the chairs on my front porch are very comfortable for reading, but no matter how mild this winter has been thus far, it's not pleasant enough to be sitting on my porch drinking tea and reading like I did in the summer. I'm not sure that bringing a "Muskoka" chair (or an "Adirondak chair", to those who speak American, and I'll give you the likelihood that they were deemed "Muskoka" chairs only by some Canadian who just wanted something more homegrown in a name) into my living room is quite going to cut it. Suggestions for ridiculously comfortable reading chairs are welcomed.

Some day I'll have an actual library in the home where I live. It'll have more bookshelves than is reasonable and a few comfortable chairs with little tables and lamps. Maybe it will even be high-ceilinged enough to have a little ladder for the top shelves. Aaaah. I can dream.

No comments: