Friday, August 17, 2007

N is for Nocturnal Intermissions

Over the course of the past week, I've gotten into a very bad sleep pattern. Ridiculous, really. I find myself wide awake and unwilling and unable to sleep until three or four in the morning.

I can't imagine why.

Could it be because I've gone into complete denial about the work needing to be done and therefore have been spending my days this week lounging about and being utterly unproductive? I know that when I'm back at work, I'll be much more worn out at the end of the day.

Could the problem be compounded by the fact that I'm drinking four or five caffeinated cola beverages each day (which is nothing compared to Keltie at the height of her addiction)?

In any case, it's rather unfortunate to report that there's virtually nothing on television these days, let alone in the wee hours (though I must confess that I've happened upon an episode of Little Britain that I haven't seen before. (I should be completely ashamed that I enjoy this show, but I do. There you have it.) Thank goodness for television shows on DVD...

In other news, there is no other news.

Let me finish with an inspiring quotation, which I haven't included for some time. This one comes from Neil Gaiman's American Gods, a very enjoyable novel by the by. "He reached a large stream, of the kind the locals called a creek and pronounced crick, and decided to follow it."

1 comment:

Johnny said...

I thought maybe you were venturing beyond the realm of family fare material when I first read the title of this entry. But such a clever name was intended to make your readers think such things, wasn't it?

'Love to give you some advice on the whole sleeping thing, but I'm no expert. Insomnia is a cruel affliction. I hope you get yourself turned around in time for the new school year though.

"crick" is one of my biggest pet peeves about Kingston-speak. Blah