Monday, October 08, 2007

T is for Translations

Many who know me know of my fascination with poorly translated products from abroad. I have a bit of a minor collection of such things which amuse me. (I had originally planned on scanning several of my favourites for you all to see, but quite frankly, I haven't the time and patience to dig through boxes in the basement to find them.)

Among my favourites are a little toy car with the words "Welcome & Praise" on its hood, a little red book, "Funny Love" whose cover explains "Pucca is a sweet daughter of owner of the Chinese restaurant... She is mania to a Chinese stylish noodle" and, my all-time favourite, an address book with the cryptic saying, "Even winoe among the fotiage panea my hert."

But here is something everyone should read, and buy, at the dollar store when it's available.

(Click the picture to see the whole thing.)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Yes, you can see that this dish cloth is so effective and valuable that ten thousand use it. Or should it be that it has ten thousand uses? Hmmm... In any case, Family are essential. Indeed it are!

But where things get really funny is when you read the back!

(Click the picture to see the entire thing.)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I don't know what they were even trying to say at times during that! Heehee! All I know is that they make using this dish cloth sound like quite the adventure!


(I think I should record a CD and its title will be "Easily Do Not Drop the Floss".)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK, I SUPPOSE it's acceptable for "S" to finally be overshadowed by "T" considering "T"'s subject matter.

Definitely a classic! AND it relates to "S" as I believe I was made to read this dazzling package the same night as the glorious adventures of "S".

Hmmm...Me thinks I'm going to keep "S" alive by relating it to all future postings... ah yes! A BRILLIANT plan!