Thursday, June 05, 2008

Tag (and not that body spray with bad commercials)

Yeesh. I've been tagged with a meme-ish thing. And since even John followed through, I am pretty much on the block.

At least it's book-related.

Here's how it works...

- Pick up the nearest book.
- Open to page 123.
- Find the fifth sentence.
- Post the next three sentences on your blog.
- Then tag five people (and don't forget to name the lovely soul that thought so much as to include YOU!)

A whole slew of books are pretty much equally distant on the shelf over there (yes, over there), so I'll go and close my eyes and grab one at random.

[Hum something to yourself while I do just that.]

Seriously? That's what you hum to yourself? Weird.

Anyway, I came back with "The Cheese Monkeys" by Chip Kidd. (Apart from having a fantastic title, the book is written by a graphic designer and is very interesting to those who look closely. Find a copy in hardback and pay attention!)

In any case, page 123. Fifth sentence...

Wait! What if it starts mid-sentence, having begun the sentence on the bottom of page 122? Would that count? Would I write the fifth complete sentence or the fourth complete sentence, the fifth sentence to be represented on that page?

Oh. No matter. It starts at the beginning of a sentence.

"Keller, your calligraphy teacher.

[And now continuing for the next three...]

Was she any better at embossing?"

She digested this, then tried to make speech. Finally, she managed, "That's, that's --"

"THAT'S the only explanation for the aborted fetus of letterforms that you've stuck to the wall."


Oh, happy good times with things taken completely out of context, making them mysterious and conundrumous. (Conundrumous. Add that to the list along with "procrastinatious", alright?)

I don't really have five weblogging type of people that I wish to tag, so I think that all ... um ... I mean ... BOTH of you who read this should complete the meme in the Comments section. Even if you already did it on your weblog. Just do it again. For fun. So. Yeah.

'Night.

2 comments:

Sonya said...

Wait a minute. I'm being punished now for reading your blog by being assigned homework??? I'm sorry, I find this incredibly unfair.

Johnny said...

"And since even John followed through"...

...Ahem.

I'll file this unnecessary comment under well-intentioned jesting.

;)