Sunday, January 18, 2009

Enter Wildlife

Today was another pleasant winter day. If this keeps up, I may have to change my stance on the season.

In any case, after shovelling the sidewalk in front of the house, I decided to to on a wee walk, following my usual postbox route despite not having any mail to post.

A couple of blocks from my house, I was passed by a coyote running in the opposite direction. A coyote. A couple of blocks from my house. In the middle of the city.

No sooner had it passed me and turned down a side street, a van pulled up to the side of the road. I turned to it, expecting it to be someone I knew, but it was a couple of complete strangers.

"Did you just see that coyote run by?" they asked.

I was a bit amused that strangers stopped me just because they wanted to talk to someone who had seen the coyote. I think that, after our brief conversation, they drove off to see if they could find where it had gone.

About a year and a half ago, I looked out my back door window to see a deer behind my house.

Next stop? Gentle Ben.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uhhh...pardon? K, That's it! Kitties will never leave the house again! (They never did unless they were on a leash and with me, anyway. But still!)