Sunday, July 19, 2009

Little Nemo in Vampland: The Musical

So, I had a rather random dream last night. Like many dreams are wont to do, it sort of flipped from one storyline to another rather abruptly and illogically, though in the dream, of course, it seemed to make perfect sense. One moment I was trying to explain to my visiting mother that both the box of Medieval Times materials in the basement and the one in the hall closet were needed and neither could be thrown out. This was, of course, happening in a house that was both mine and not mine.

Next thing, I am arriving late at the opening of a musical version of Twilight in which, apparently, I am acting. For reasons unexplained, I was never involved in any of the rehearsals but am quickly put into a costume including a very bad wig and reminded that I’m playing the part of Frankie. Having never read or seen Twilight, I have no idea if a Frankie even exists in its context. (If I had internet where I am currently typing, I would check.) After faking my way through the opening scene by staying far stage right, and after somehow getting gum in my wig, I’m able to make an exit and find myself scrambling around backstage begging for someone to give me a copy of the script so I can figure out what I’m supposed to be doing in my next scene. Finally, my friend Tracy (who was apparently in the cast with me) gives me hers, but warns me that it’s a side and, lo and behold, there’s no Scene Three since her character doesn’t appear in it. Just as I’m throwing my arms up in the air and asking, “What do they expect me to do?”, I wake up.

Odd.

No comments: