Thursday, August 04, 2011

The 2011 Summer Screen Review (Part II)

Okay, it will likely come as no surprise that I haven't watched all that much this summer, though TV series on DVD have been my mainstays of home electronic entertainment.

I finished up 30 Rock: Season Four last week and I continue to find this show endlessly entertaining. There are so many quotable little lines and running amusements. With viewing on DVD, you also get enjoyable commentaries on several episodes, some of which are comprised mainly of people laughing as they amuse themselves (particularly if it's Jack McBrayer and Jane Krakowski), and the occasional fake fact. Highly entertaining.

I also watched that new classic of western cinema, Paranormal Activity. What can I say? It was what it was, and it wasn't bad for what it was. That husband was pretty obnoxious, though. I guess it was only time before someone said, "Hey, remember how that faux home-video documentary The Blair Witch Project really took off? We should try something like that." (I think I prefer this to TBWP, simply because ... you know ... something actually happened during the 90 minutes.

1 comment:

Sonya said...

I loved TBWP - it scared the bejesus out of me! Well, until the really crappy ending...