Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Dee da dee da day

Pressure! O! I feel like I must write something (and something inspiring, witty, or otherwise worthwhile, at that) even though it was a rather uneventful day.

SO ...

I went to the grocery store (yes, it's the second in a fourteen-part series on the grocery store experience ... don't judge me) today to pick up supplies to make dip. Yes, dip. It happens to be very tasty.

In any case, I made the mistake (arguably) to pop in at the Great Canadian Superstore (a rather vague and none-too-descriptive name, might I add). Know what my problem was there? Not only do their aisles go in the wrong direction, as far as I'm concerned, by running perpendicular to the checkout lanes, but I had to embark on a near-epic quest for rice crackers. Say it with me: rice crackers. Yes, crackers. Where would one expect something which contains the word crackers in its name? Perhaps in the cracker section with saltine crackers, whole wheat crackers, vegetable crackers, multigrain crackers, and Ritz-brand crackers? NO! That would make too much sense! Even Crispers, those "Is it a cracker or is it a chip?" snacks, were in the cracker section. But were the rice crackers? No! Instead, I had to roam like a grocery store urchin, pleading with the shelves to take pity on a lost soul. And where, pray tell, did I find them?

In the chip section.

Now, I don't know who they're deluding, but there's no way I'm going to be convinced that rice crackers (though tasty in their own right) are ever going to be chips.

Why must the world punish me so? I think there's a message here.

I should just eat out for every meal for the rest of my life.

No comments: