Sunday, September 17, 2006

Dining

This evening I was at a banquet and was faced with one of my aversions. Well, two of them, to be honest.

Most of those who know me well know that I have a thing about public eating. I can eat in restaurants and such without problem, although I do have strong seating preferences -- do not seat me at a table in the middle of the dining room if there's a wall table or booth available -- but in banquet / wedding reception / gathering-style eating situations, I am not at my best. I just don't like it. I think it has to do with the whole "behaving oneself" thing. Oi. The pressure.

That said, the food was good and the company was pleasant, so I certainly can't complain. And, of course, my aversion doesn't keep me from just dealing with it and eating anyway.

The second thing I faced was being forced (which is italicized for a reason, not for sensationalism) to put in an appearance on the dance floor by my dear friend Satan, er, Alison, that is. I dance when I'm performing. I don't really just ... you know ... dance. I just don't do it and I don't particularly like to do it. That said, slap me in a show and ask me to dance and I'm there. Needless to say, I was cursing Alison most of the time, while putting on my best Travolta. Then, to make matters worse, I was hot afterwards. Oh, the sacrifices I make for my friends....

So there you have it. My evening really was very enjoyable, seeing all kinds of friends and acquaintences many of whom I haven't seen in a while. Still, people, I have some issues! Can't you accept them as I have?

Have a nice evening.

No comments: