Saturday, December 02, 2006

Good Goaty Heaven

Time for an update.

I'm still under the weather (and the weather ain't great) but so far I've managed to get through two more shows while hitting the high notes despite the hoarse voice. Two more to go...

After tonight's show a chunk of the cast and crew headed out to the usual after-show spot, a fine restaurant around the corner where a few of us split a popular meze platter. Although I won't go near the hummus (yack) or the avacado dip (yick), I'm all in for the red pepper and feta dip, the artichoke asiago dip, and the (fanfare, please) herbed goat's cheese. It was my friend, Jackie, who got me going on the latter. Sarah insists it tastes like a wet goat, but given my lack of experience with such a taste, I cannot say whether she's right or wrong, but simply state that wet goats must be delicious if that is the case.

But now it's off to bed, to rest my weary body and voice.

1 comment:

Keltie said...

bless your goaty little heart; I wouldn't have liked ANYTHING on that meze platter. Nada. Maybe the pita (if that was, indeed, what was being dipped).