Monday, December 04, 2006

Warm Chocolatey Goodness , Guilt-Free

Aaahhhhh! Sitting here with a warm cup of Cocoa Camino hot chocolate and listening to weird jazz from Iain Ballamy is nice indeed. If only I had a warm, crackling fire (in a fireplace, not in a kitchen or on my body, this time). If only it were the holidays already and I knew that I could sleep in as late as I wanted. If only, if only...

Still, here I am and the hot chocolate's swell!

I went out today to pick up some things, including a scant few Christmas gifts. I was surprisingly well-behaved at a book sale and spent less than expected, for a change. (I did, however, pick up a little item of oddity to send to someone whose name starts with "K" and rhymes with "Eltie".)

Back at home, I worked on getting some Christmas cards written and addressed (which proves less than simple each year. Mr. Shannon, I need your address; send it to me) and I'm about a third of the way done.

I also watched Heroes which is proving to hold my interest, as you know. Apparently it's gearing up for it's "Fall Season Finale", which is a new term I'm hearing more and more these days. Remember those days when a show seemed to run from September to May with new episodes nearly every week? When re-runs were the occasional interruption rather than occasionally interrupted by new episodes?

In other news, I'm off to see CATS at Theatre Aquarius tomorrow. I've heard it's a great production and fully expect it to be so. They're a fine establishment for your theatre-viewing needs. When in Hamilton, be sure to ... well, you get it.

And now, with that, I'm going to go and actually read a chapter or two of Seeker, the first book in a new trilogy by
William Nicholson, author of The Wind Singer, a book I highly recommend.

Banana floats!

No comments: