Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Hygenic Deadlines

My soap has an expiry date.

Soap. Expiry date.

I picked the bottle up and, for reasons I would be hard-pressed to articulate,
turned it over and looked at the bottom and saw an expiry date. On my
soap.

Yes, I've got to finish using my Bath
and Bodyworks
handsoap before July of 2008. What will become
of the soap at that time, I don't know nor do I intend to risk finding
out. Curiosity drove me to check the other two bottles in my cupboard,
finding that they, though purchased at the same time, have rather
different expiry dates. September 2007 and June 2009, to be precise. I
wonder what makes the difference?

Jackie was the one who originally got me using these soaps (which may, to some, seem girlie, but I figure any guy can stink like Irish Spring, but isn't a
moisturizing and antibacterial handsoap more appealing, especially since
I'm always falling down in my duties to moisturize my hands the three
times a day I'm supposed to do it?) They're also pleasant since,
although they smell pleasant -- and sometimes tasty -- while handwashing, they don't leave a terribly strong after-odour.

I'm sure you wanted to know this much about my soap.

Suffice it to say that my soap has an expiry date. Seriously.

[Okay. See the crazy and annoying spacing / line returns in this post? I did NOT put them there. It just did them automatically, but I refuse to fix them all again.]

1 comment:

Keltie said...

I thought you were writing kind of free-form poetry style. I was into it.