Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Not Without Some Pressure

The run of Me and My Girl is underway and I'm currently wrapping up our brief break before starting it up again tomorrow. It's gone well enough, though not without its flubs. I collided with a set piece when exiting into a very dark wing on the first night. I'm sure the audience saw me run off and then heard, Crash! Smash! Bang! Bang! Badum-Bum-Bash! followed by a little voice saying, "Are you okay?" I wasn't hurt, having spent all of the smashing time staying on my feet, but my shiny patent shoes were a bit scraped up. Ug.

Of course, my friend John, who plays the lead, is immensely funny, so that's really all that matters. I just have to wander on and off behaving like a spoiled brat. It's all good.

I'm currently bogged down with paperwork for work, once again, and trying desperately to muster up the motivation to get it all done. Of course, it will get done because it must get done. That's really all there is to it.

Finally, here's something I've found amusing for some time. Some of you may already know about it. It's the Material Safety Data Sheet for Softsoap Antibacterial Hand Soap that hangs in the staff bathroom at work. Remember that it's for soap. If you look closely, you'll see that it's Flash Point is "Not established". I figure, if your soap has caught fire, you have much bigger issues to deal with. My favourite, though is that, under the heading of "Exposure Controls / Personal Protection" it says to "Avoid skin and eye contact", and that "The use of safety goggles and protective gloves is recommended for potential exposure to product". Yes, we should wear gloves and avoid skin contact with our SOAP. Hahahaha! What are these people thinking?

So there you have it. Another oddity I've discovered in my travels.

No comments: