Sunday, April 29, 2007

Nothing of Note, Really

I admit it. I'm posting out of obligation, not because I have much to say. Not that life's been uneventful. I've been run off my feet (surprise) but nothing necessarily to write about.

I went to see The Rocky Horror Show at Canstage last week with some of our own Rocky cast members. It was great fun. There were things I didn't care for about the production (most notably, the decision to have Rocky speak in a baby voice, making me want to choke him along with the director) and some really great things about it (most notably the Phantoms who were amazingly funcreepy). Sadly, I found Riff and Magenta a little dull. Still, don't get the wrong idea. We all had a smashingly good time there, and the performances were good.

I've worked at the restaurant quite a bit lately ... some shows have been remarkably dull while others have been a blast. I guess that's the nature of the beast these days.

Today I had the pleasure of having lunch with one friend and dinner with another. Yes, I played hooky from responsibilities! Yahoo! (Fear not, though; I have done some paperwork tonight.)
------

Edited to add:

Okay, I do have to comment very briefly on The Amazing Race.

Question: "How do you say 'airport'?"
Response: "Airport."

"Ma'am, I told you not to touch the screen." Hahahahaha!

3 comments:

Johnny said...

Jerome,

I have to ask you who or what is that a picture of? (your profile picture.) It doesn't look like you, unless it's an exceptional make-up job. I find him creepy/intreguing at the same time.

Can you believe the first time I saw RHPS was over the Christmas holidays mere months ago?? I'm sad to report I didn't enjoy it at all. I think it's one of those things you have to see first when you're young. I dunno.

Listen... I have an idea. Why don't you, join us for the finale of the Amazing Race this Sunday. If you're willing/available of course. We do a big Sunday dinner every week with Tam. And it'd be great to see you. Let me know. :D

Jerome said...

Truth be told, that is me in the picture. It's from a promo shot for ROCKY HORROR; makeup I had to ... well ... make up for the photo shoot. It was a bit different for the show. I do think you would have enjoyed the stage show much more than the movie, which really isn't that interesting when watched in a living room anyway. I've only seen it once, years ago, and didn't think much of it then, either.

Sunday sounds fun; can I get back to you? I'm set to run wildly this weekend, but may be able to swing it!

Johnny said...

Wow! I can't believe that picture is you! That's cool. Creepy-sexy!


At any rate, you most certainly can get back to me with regards to Sunday... the invitation is open til someone crosses the finish line. (Hopefully not Mirla & Shmirla.)