Thursday, May 03, 2007

I don't even have a point

In the interests of making May a more productive web journaling month than ... well ... any of the recent months, I'm going to take a moment to make an entry. To that end, enjoy this random smattering of thoughts.

I finally watched Monday's episode of Heroes tonight. It really is quite a great show. It's certainly kept my interest.

I saw a recent infomercial for a GENUINE diamond ring, for just $29.95. (On the site to which I've linked, it's advertised for $19.95 USD.) Yes! A mere $29.95 for a GENUINE diamond ring, with a GENUINE diamond (surrounded by imported crystals). Again, that's a GENUINE 1/2 point diamond in there! Waitaminnit. A 1/2 point diamond? But aren't there 100 points in a carat? Doesn't that make this GENUINE diamond a mere 1/200th of a carat? Why yes! Yes it does! You can have 1/200th of carat of a GENUINE diamond for just $30. Yeeha. It's probably made of what falls off when they're cutting diamonds for good rings.

My dad arrived yesterday to stay here for a couple of nights while attending a conference nearby. Being that I worked last night and that he was at meetings until later tonight, we haven't had to do too much visiting. Still, he has managed to work in some topics of conversation more random than this posting. I don't really need to discuss his morning deodorant routine, do I? Yikes.

Be that as it may, I'll leave you with yet another literary quotation, this time from E.L. Konigsburg's T-Backs, T-Shirts, COAT, and Suit, 'cause that's what I reached behind me and grabbed off the shelf.

There was no laughter beneath their smiles.
There was no heart beneath their cleavage.

2 comments:

Johnny said...

I'm glad you're writing again.

Your random smatterings are much more interesting than you give them credit for. ;)

Anonymous said...

I wish that were the case...