Saturday, April 07, 2007

Running (And Dancing) with Scissors

First things first, I'm glad that at least one person continues to read this even though I clearly have been less than dedicated as of late to writing.

On with the show! Edward Scissorhands was incredible! This ain't your granny's ballet, unless your granny is into really cool stuff like this, which she may. I think my Nanny would have been! The sets and costumes were brilliant, the dancing was pulled from many styles and the stage was packed with interesting and engaging characters. The amount of focus on giving the cast actual distinct PERSONALITIIES was so much fun! They must have had so much fun developing the movement and postures of their roles. During the big company numbers, there were all of these little stories going on. I'd like to see it again just to catch and follow more of them. Freakin' fun!

What else can I tell you? I spent the day ... um ... getting a haircut and folding laundry. How is it possible that that's about all I've done? Where did the day go, then? Hmmm... I also went out to pick up a few things at one point. I went for lightbulbs, mostly, but came home with a couple of t-shirts and a pair of shoes. And lightbulbs. I didn't forget the lightbulbs. Good ol' compact fluorescents. I'm working on replacing all of my old hot-bulbs little by little with them. I just wish they didn't come in over-blown blister packs! Environmental packaging would make more sense for a product aimed at reducing energy consumption and waste, right?

In any case, Happy Easter all! But before I go, let's have a quick literary moment, from Jeffrey Archer, writing in A Prison Diary:

"Once I'm calm enough to speak, I thank him for the confidence he has shown in allowing me to share such a terrible secret."

No comments: