Thursday, June 19, 2008

World Wide Weird

Now and then, I will pop onto eBay, head into "Weird Stuff" and see what odd things are for sale. I don't buy anything, I just sit and shake my head.

Apart from the usual array of toys for adults, it's amazing what odd things people will list and, perhaps, even buy. (I'll apologize in advance for the fact that these links won't function for long.)

Things like two empty cigarette packs featuring health warnings from those wacky Canadians. All of this for ten cents ... plus $7.99 shipping and handling. $8 to send two empty packs? I think not.

Things like two red squirrel skins (hoping to be sold for 99 cents and $5 shipping -- less than the cigarette packs). In the words of the seller, "Went camping 2 weekends ago and my husband killed 2 red squirrels and we skinned them." Um ... pardon me, ma'am, but both you and your husband are creepy beyond imagination.

"Hey, honey! See those squirrels?"

"Yeah."

"Wanna kill them?"

"Can we skin them afterwards?"

"Of course."

"Then let's do it."

Then there are the people trying to sell a box of Kraft Dinner (for $24.90 and $14.47 shipping) and those trying to sell a cotton swab ($2.25 and $1 shipping).

And just to top it all off? A cane made of a bull's penis ($13.20, $18.40 shipping). 'Cause that's what you're dying to walk down the street holding.

The world is a strange, strange place.

1 comment:

Johnny said...

A bull penis cane?

That's a dog chew. Porthos would steal that from the elderly for certain. lol