Monday, October 23, 2006

Assorted Affair

I stink at keeping a Fount of Wisdom Located Online.

There. I said it. I've thrown it out into the world for all to see. Judge me if you wish.

Things are a tad hectic, due in part to my apparent inability to say "No" to people, and let me assure you that sounds much more exciting than it really is.

I'm in the midst of rehearsals, which are going well, but are a tad tiring. Remember those crunches? Yeah. Fun. Then yesterday, we were working on a number that involves singing while literally jumping up and down. Over and over and over. Hour after hour. Singing. And dancing. And jumping. And doing all three at the same time. Ug.

Then there's the fact that (due to the aforementioned inability to say "No") I'm the program designer for the show. So, I'm in there yesterday before the rehearsals for the cast and crew photo shoot. And I'm collecting / hounding people for bios. At some point I actually have to sit down at the computer and work out all of the layout and start typing everything in, to boot. In my wealth of free time, of course. "No" would have been so much less demanding.

This Saturday, I'm supposed to put in an appearance at a charity show. Again, why didn't I say "No"? Beats the heck out of me.

I won't even get into the committees and such that I'm on with work. Three more meetings this week. Yeesh.

Now that I've whined and griped, let me focus on more positive things. I watched HEROES tonight and am really enjoying it more than expected. I'm also officially a fan of STUDIO 60. An obnoxious couple was eliminated from THE AMAZING RACE last night, so that was just icing on the cake.

I also read THE END, the end of the Series of Unfortunate Events. I'm not sure how I feel about the way things wrapped up. There are a few things to which I would have liked answers, but I'm sure I'll survive. In any case, I feel like I should now go back and reread the whole series to see what I notice, pick up, and remember, since I read them all in such a spread out timeline. I also made the mistake of going to Chapters again the other day, so I bought more books. My "To Be Read" list is VERY long already, so I'm just wholeheartedly digging my hole a whole lot deeper by making new purchases.

On one final note, you've heard me whine periodically about the Subway experiences I've had. (That's Subway as in sandwiches, not Subway as in an underground mode of transportation.) Well, my thought for today in regards to the old Subway is not about the quality of my service (no Alternate Girl mention anywhere in this entry ... oh wait ... darn!) or of my sandwich (which was made without any creepy scoop incident, for a change). It is rather about the troublesome slogan they employ, which has bothered me for some time. Subway likes to toss around the phrase, Eat Fresh! like candy at a scramble, but anyone visiting their handy little counters will see piles upon piles of pre-cooked meat products waiting to be slapped on a bun and reheated in their high-speed ovens. There they are: pre-cooked steak and chicken strips in little paper trays, and rectangles of chicken (?) wrapped in paper. What's so darn fresh about that? I'm thinking their slogan should be Eat Fresh Bread with Assorted Things, Some of Which are Also Fresh, On It!. (Go ahead. Imagine Jon Lovitz saying that. Imagine it. I'll wait.)


*************


Quite frankly, I've even had a few unfresh bread experiences I could write about, but I won't. Still, the whole Eat Fresh! is just a bit of a misnomer.

Hey. I just realized that I shouldn't have had a sub today anyway. Since I didn't have rehearsal, I was supposed to eat the lasagna in my freezer so I'd have leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Darn.

2 comments:

Keltie said...

Hey, I'm tired and crabby and out of sorts right now, but the memory of Peter and Sarah on the Amazing Mat and her dumping him like a hot potato? Making me smile.

Johnny said...

Here-here! So glad they're gone. I really didn't like how she used her handicap to exploit people in one of the earlier episodes. It kind of changed my attitude from "Good for you, you show 'em you can do anything." to "gee you're shady, annoying and a whiner". And Peter was extremely agitating. 'Reminded me a bit of "Big Gay John" on South Park... "I'm SSSSSsuper... thanks for assssking." Up with people n'all that enthusiastic crap. I don't think it took a rocket scientist to figure out that they were an "oddly" paired couple at best.

Incidentally Jerome, you sound like you need an assistant. Even if it's just some little person following you around saying "no" for you. ; )