Monday, October 09, 2006

Giving Thanks

Today, being the official Thanksgiving Day, I think it prudent that I take the time to reflect on the day in a spirit of Thanksgiving gratitude.

I'm thankful that I was able to sleep in. That seems to be a luxury I'm not enjoying as often as I'd like, so it was quite a treat.

I'm thankful that I caught up on some work. That may sound like something rather unthrilling, but it can pile up, so getting some done is good.

I'm thankful for a delicious Thanksgiving dinner courtesy of Jackie and her parents. Yum! In addition to the usual tasty goodness, I am also thankful that they had sticky-icing cake in honour of Jackie's upcoming birthday, and that I got to hear Jackie's annual playing of the Zoom record. Haha!

I'm thankful that my parents called to say hello and that the conversation didn't involve discussing the death and/or ill health of people I may or may not know.

I'm thankful (ready for some geekiness?) that I caught the third episode of HEROES, having missed the second last week. I think I'm going to enjoy this show if I'm able to keep up with it.

Finally, I'll be thankful for my cherished friends, a few of whom actually read this. Those ones can feel particularly cherished today, since I'm mentioning them in gratitude and they can read all about it.

Now I'm going to be thankful for wrapping this up, reading for half-an-hour and then packing it in early. Rah!

No comments: