Sunday, November 04, 2007

Y is for Years

It's astounding.

People, not old people, exactly, but people older than I, always said that the years fly faster the older you get.

They weren't kidding, were they? Yikes!

I recently received a pension update and realized that I'm more than a third of the way through my career, providing that the pension rules don't change (which they well may). On the upside, if I don't take any extended leaves of absence I'll be able to retire young enough to continue having fun for quite some time. Yahoo!

Still, an odd thought, to be thinking about retirement in fractions and about dates which at one point seemed so far away, but now seem relatively soon. Hmmm.

I just hope I can maintain the illusion of being young and lively between now and then. Heaven forbid people should actually figure out that I'm getting old!

1 comment:

Sean Newbury said...

Time...
It's fleeting.

Have you started predicting the weather based on physical ailments yet? Madness! Watch out it WILL take control.